Top Posts & Pages
- A TRUE ADVOCATE IN THE TRENCHES FOR WOMEN -- GOOD COUNSEL HOMES
- AMERICA'S HOLY, YOUNG COMMUNITIES OF FAITHFUL CATHOLIC SISTERS ARE GROWING FAST!
- BISHOPS, THE HHS MANDATE AND "ILLEGALS"
- October Baby: A Movie Review
- Yesterday's Religious Freedom Rallies: Throw Out Those Stereotypes! Look at These Video Clips!
- DIVERSE ALLIES IN SUPPORT OF RELIGIOUS LIBERTY.... Plus A Detailed Review of This Year's Unprecedented State Vs Church Confrontation
- Marginalization of Religious Liberty: Mary Ann Glendon Sounds the Warning
- ABOUT ME
- FROM THE FISCAL TIMES: THE HHS MANDATE WOULD DEVASTATE THE POOR BY FORCING CATHOLIC HOSPITALS TO CLOSE
- Rally for Religious Freedom Across America
Category Archives: contraception mandate
Ray Noble The reports from yesterday’s religious freedom rallies are remarkable in many ways. In Orlando, I stood next to a Jewish rabbi as we joined hundreds in listening to a black minister deliver the opening invocation. A choir of young black schoolchildren led us in … Continue reading
FROM THE FISCAL TIMES: THE HHS MANDATE WOULD DEVASTATE THE POOR BY FORCING CATHOLIC HOSPITALS TO CLOSE
Edward Morrissey of The Fiscal Times analyzes the HHS mandate’s effect on the poor and on underserved rural areas by forcing Catholic hospitals to close: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2012/03/01/Obama-Risks-$100-Billion-if-Catholic-Hospitals-Close.aspx#page1 If you like this article, please click on the FOLLOW BY EMAIL button on … Continue reading
In major cities across America there will be a noon-time rally on March 23 against the government’s demand for people to reject their consciences. People of widely divergent religious beliefs (even including amicus briefs by Hindus, Sikhs, animists, Hara Krishnas etc. as well … Continue reading
The Jesuits’ America Magazine (which still calls itself “the national Catholic weekly”) published an editorial http://www.americamagazine.org/content/article.cfm?article_id=13277 chiding the bishops. Bishop Lori’s reply follows. Responding to the gravest threat to religious liberty in American history, this statement may long be remembered for its urgency, boldness and … Continue reading
In the following article from Catholic World Report, a professor of moral theology at the Pontifical College Josephinum in Ohio discusses why the Catholic Church must refuse to comply with the HHS contraception/abortifacient/sterilization health insurance mandate: From Catholic World Report: … Continue reading
“The Obama religious wars”: neither words of hyperbole nor an empty epithet but an apt description of an unfolding crisis that encompasses the United States Constitution and fundamental religious liberty. Just last month, in Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church v. EEOC, the United … Continue reading