Top Posts & Pages
- A TRUE ADVOCATE IN THE TRENCHES FOR WOMEN -- GOOD COUNSEL HOMES
- AMERICA'S HOLY, YOUNG COMMUNITIES OF FAITHFUL CATHOLIC SISTERS ARE GROWING FAST!
- BISHOPS, THE HHS MANDATE AND "ILLEGALS"
- October Baby: A Movie Review
- Yesterday's Religious Freedom Rallies: Throw Out Those Stereotypes! Look at These Video Clips!
- DIVERSE ALLIES IN SUPPORT OF RELIGIOUS LIBERTY.... Plus A Detailed Review of This Year's Unprecedented State Vs Church Confrontation
- Marginalization of Religious Liberty: Mary Ann Glendon Sounds the Warning
- ABOUT ME
- FROM THE FISCAL TIMES: THE HHS MANDATE WOULD DEVASTATE THE POOR BY FORCING CATHOLIC HOSPITALS TO CLOSE
- Rally for Religious Freedom Across America
Tag Archives: Obamacare
Prof. Mary Ann Glendon is the Learned Hand Professor at Harvard University Law School. In the following article from the current America Magazine, Professor Glendon examines ongoing and unprecedented government assaults on religious liberty. At the federal level, these include the NLRB’s recent, unsuccessful challenge to the right … Continue reading
In major cities across America there will be a noon-time rally on March 23 against the government’s demand for people to reject their consciences. People of widely divergent religious beliefs (even including amicus briefs by Hindus, Sikhs, animists, Hara Krishnas etc. as well … Continue reading
The Jesuits’ America Magazine (which still calls itself “the national Catholic weekly”) published an editorial http://www.americamagazine.org/content/article.cfm?article_id=13277 chiding the bishops. Bishop Lori’s reply follows. Responding to the gravest threat to religious liberty in American history, this statement may long be remembered for its urgency, boldness and … Continue reading
In the following article from Catholic World Report, a professor of moral theology at the Pontifical College Josephinum in Ohio discusses why the Catholic Church must refuse to comply with the HHS contraception/abortifacient/sterilization health insurance mandate: From Catholic World Report: … Continue reading
‘We Are Crossing the Rubicon’: House Tackles HHS Mandate Threat (143) Bishop Lori, legal and policy experts raise concerns; a representative of the Institute of Medicine defends the federal rule. Share http://api.tweetmeme.com/button.js?url=http%3A//www.ncregister.com/daily-news/we-are-crossing-the-rubicon-house-tackles-hhs-mandate-threat&style=compact&source=NCRegister&service=bit.ly&o=http%3A//www.facebook.com/%3Fref%3Dlogo&b=1 by JOAN FRAWLEY DESMOND02/29/2012 Comments (1) WASHINGTON — Yesterday a … Continue reading
Cardinal George: All Catholic hospitals will close in two years under HHS mandate | LifeSiteNews.com http://www.lifesitenews.com The Catholic Church is being “despoiled of her institutions” through Obama…. If you like this article, please click on the FOLLOW BY EMAIL button … Continue reading
The GRIZZLY, BRAVE NEW WORLD OF MEDICAL “ETHICS” The abstract below comes from this month’s Journal of Medical Ethics, a peer-reviewed scholarly journal. It embodies the icy, amoral detachment of utilitarian medical ethics. The argument of the Australian authors from the University of Melbourne echoes that … Continue reading